Disability coverage plans can feel like a mystery if you don’t know how to read between the fine lines of your contract. And you shouldn’t be having to figure it all out during recovery while trying to recover and get back to work.
Understanding your plan before an accident is essential for an effortless claims process (so you won’t be sitting around wondering when or if you’ll get a paycheck). In this episode, Billy joins Ameritas expert Dennis Peyton to discuss how to get the most out of your disability coverage and what contracts protect your career and financials the most (so you can have a speedy, stress-free recovery). Highlights from this episode include:
- Reasons why a payment is prevented after filing for disability and how to get a claims paycheck deposited in your bank account within days.
- (0:40) Why individual plans preserve your finances instantly and how group rates end up costing you 3x as much down the road.
- (4:14) How to Read between the ‘fine lines’ of exclusions in your disability plan and why this changes depending on what company you sign with.
- (12:12) The surprising truth about switching occupations during a disability leave, and what this means for the money you claim today.
- (17:00) To ask questions on insurance coverage or to get a quote, please don’t hesitate to call us anytime at 704-270-2376, and I’d be glad to discuss your specific situation with you.