If you’ve ever worked with a financial advisor on your investments and retirement, they may have brought up the subject of disability insurance with you. But should you purchase your insurance coverage from the same person who handles your investments?
In many cases, those individuals are more focused on the financial side of their practice, and are less likely to be well-versed in the nuances of insurance, particularly disability insurance.
In this episode, Billy discusses the reasons that disability insurance specialists can get you policies that pay a greater benefit and cost you less in premium than regular financial advisors, as well as other potential risks to making a purchase from the wrong person.
Highlights from this episode include:
- Why buying your policy from a specialist can save you from catastrophic financial loss ([2:59])
- How a disability insurance specialist will cost you less money when you purchase, but get you more money if you have to use your policy ([3:50])
- What insurance agents know about policies that financial advisors are ignorant of and how it can burn through your bank account ([4:15])
- Why having the wrong person advise you on your policy can make the already complicated underwriting process a nightmare ([5:20])
- The difference between an agent and an advocate and the stressful situation where the wrong one can ruin your life ([7:35])
- What well-connected insurance brokers can do for you that no one else can ([9:20])
To ask questions on insurance coverage or to get a quote, please don’t hesitate to call us anytime at 704-270-2376, and I’d be glad to discuss your specific situation with you.
Start A Conversation